At A Glance

THIS WEEK:

COMING UP:

LAST WEEK: [Archive] At A Glance Roundup: 10/24/11 - 10/30/11

Sponsors

   

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

[Release] Gargamel x Arbito SDCC 2010 Pocket Cosmic Hobo

There was a secret release at the Gargamel Booth on Sunday, the last day of the SDCC. It was a Cosmic Hobo Pocket!

The First release for Pocket Hobo is an unpainted milky-clear vinyl. It was available at the San Diego Comic Con 2010. For those who did not make the Comic Con this year you should have a chance to pick up this first Cosmic Hobo in the coming weeks.

Kiyoka, owner and master sculpture of Gargamel asked me if he could make a vinyl Cosmic Hobo pocket toy based off my original resin figure. Being a big fan of Gargamel's toys I responded with a large, ”YES!” followed by many exclamation marks. In the following days I wondered how my resin Cosmic Hobo would translate to a vinyl pocket size.


A week or so later Kiyoka sent photos of Cosmic Hobo’s finished sculpt and wax model. The results are amazing, adorable, and hilarious! I can’t decide if he’s a chubby 70 year old or a 3 year old. Either way he makes me laugh every time I see his squatty legs and poochy butt!

Keep your eyes peeled for future releases of Pocket Cosmic Hobo from Gargamel.

Related posts:
[Search] Gargamel SDCC 2010

via http://arbito.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment