At A Glance

THIS WEEK:

COMING UP:

LAST WEEK: [Archive] At A Glance Roundup: 10/24/11 - 10/30/11

Sponsors

   

Saturday, January 23, 2010

[Preview] Max Toy Co Captain Maxx Mini Kaiju Series: Captain Maxx, Alien Xam, Kaiju TriPus, Kaiju Eyezon & Kaiju Drazoran

I've been teasing pics of these new figures on the Max Toy site, but thought I would show them here as well... I really like how they are coming out so far. I've been working with 5 different artists for this series, and seeing how they envision my creations is a lot of fun! They were given total free reign on this project, the only thing i said was have fun with it. I think the results show they did have fun ;-)















First up is...Captain Maxx by Tadayoshi Ichimiya - Sunguts (sculpt and wax). Ok, how cute is this?!! For those of you out there who are into classic Japanese Heroes, Ichimiya-san included a human face version as well as the hero face version, like Silver Kamen! As Garfield would say, "Nice Touch!".













Alien Xam by Satoru Doki of Yamomark (sculpt and wax). When I came up with Captain Maxx's main foe, I obviously was influenced by Invasion of the Saucer Men and Alien Baltan. Along those lines, Alien Xam (Max spelled backwards) when he is in his giant form is actually made up of billions of tiny Xams.. this new mini figure perfectly replicates what I had in mind for Xam's mini sized form! Hmmm, now I only need to order a billion of them to build that life sized Xam I wanted...!

Kaiju TriPus by DxSxHx Toys, sculpt. In a million years I could not have designed a more perfect "cute" version of Kaiju TriPus! It's little flipper arms.. large baby three eyes looking at me... sniff, so cute...

Kaiju Eyezon by Yoshihiko Makino of TTToy, sculpt and wax. I'm dying to see the test shots (the first vinyl pulls from the molds) of this mini Eyezon.. all I have seen of this sculpt is this out of focus pic (ha-ha), at once scary but also cute with those short legs and arms ;-P I can't wait to paint the eyes on this one!




Kaiju Drazoran by Yuichi Yamashita of Nakayoshi, sculpt. Ok your probably sick of me saying this but how can you resist this one? Has a puppy dog feel, you can tell by it's floopy feet it will grow into a 200 foot monster in no time!







All the figures are off to the iron mold factory in Japan. This step is to make the molds which the soft vinyl will be poured into, and the pieces will be generated for each toy. I will post pics of these first pulls or test shots. All five figures will debut at the February 2010 Winter Wonder Festival show in Tokyo, Japan. But don't worry we'll also have them on our Max Toy web store very soon!

Related posts:
[Preview] Max Toy Co Captain Maxx Mini Kaiju Series
[Preview] Max Toy Co Mini Drazoran
[Preview] Max Toy Co Mini Alien Xam
[Preview] Max Toy Co Baby TriPus
[Preview] Max Toy Co x Sunguts Mini Capt Maxx

via http://toykarma.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment